donderdag, december 06, 2007

Glossolalia

i am a stranger
lurking alone in my own vicious wilderness
while the meat in my chest
squeezes and teases a hulking hunger
groping in motion
balance is but a shimmering notion
and lurching compelled
my soul in its special hell of wet mortal limits
perpetually thirsting

but i bask in a beautiful byproduct
from twisting torque of dichotomy
what my eyes do see
in this spilling, dead wicked desert
it dances
born of babble
is now raison d’etre for the rabble
i sing my soul
with tongue
a sword in the sunlight
thrashing and flashing
glossolalia

Vic Chesnutt – North Star Deserter (2007)

Ondanks zijn dwarslaesie(paraplegia) is de man zeer productief en bijzonder scherp. In zijn rolstoel riep hij het publiek in de ABClub (21/11) meteen tot de orde: “if you can’t see me in the back, grow!”.
Sinds 1983 werkt hij aan een omvangrijk oeuvre en was oa één van de gasten op de “The Trinity Revisited” van the Cowboy Junkies.

0 reacties:

Een reactie posten

Aanmelden bij Reacties posten [Atom]

<< Homepage